Have you guys ever heard of PaperGemsCo. ?? If not you have to check them out and give them a follow. IG handle : @paper_gems_co Personally we are all about details here at Ciao Bella. So when it comes to Wedding day gifts for the Bride or personalized presents we are always in the shopping for something special. These are handmade with love and we couldn’t be happier with the way they look! It’s definitely a gift you will be proud of giving! Trust us when we say this will be a hit at anyone’s Wedding Day! Also a great gift to give for an Anniversary, Birthday or Celebration! Check out how cute they are! I have attached photos below for you to see for yourself!
A little bit about Paper Gems Co.
1. When did you start Paper Gems Co?
2. When did you first start to paint/draw? Do you have a background in art?
3. How did you come to paint bottles? What was the first bottle you painted?
4. What events are the bottles most ordered for?
5. What is your favorite type of package to paint?
6. Do you have plans to expand in 2020? Or any new offerings?
1. (February, 2018) I’m coming up on my second anniversary of Paper Gems Co! I started out solely in the stationery industry, painting Valentine’s Day cards locally and for family and friends. At the time, I was finishing my last year as an entrepreneurship student at Baylor University, and was working on a hypothetical business model. Our final project was a full-blown business plan, so I decided to use my existing tiny Paper Gems Valentines Day cards business as my project. From then, it’s blossomed beautifully, and has reached into areas I never could’ve predicted!
2. I began to draw and paint as soon as I could hold a crayon or brush! I created my first “official” painting when I was 4 of a giant close-up of Princess Ariel’s face. It’s still on the wall of my studio, and is a reminder of the depth of the natural passion and love which truly is the reason I’m doing what I am today.
3. Starting the business as a college kid in Waco, Texas, there was a bit of transitioning to be done moving back to my hometown while entering my professional life. One of my first friends in the design space here was Trisha Langlois, owner of Sophisticated Threads. She helped me attain a better grip on the industry, giving me advice for potential partnerships, design ideas and critiques, and the list goes on. The biggest thing that she did for me, though, was not originally intended as a favor, but we soon realized that it meant significant change was to come. She asked if I could figure out a way to paint in my watercolor style on a bottle of champagne for her best friend’s wedding shower. And that was it! I began experimenting with different surface media, and found a combo that allows me to maintain my watercolor style on glass bottles. Once that first bottle was posted, I started to understand what it would mean for Paper Gems Co in the future. My business is now split almost 20/80 between stationery products and my hand-painted bottles.
4. Around 90% of my bottles are wedding or engagement elements. The remaining 10% range from anniversary gifts all the way to corporate ’thank you’ gifts.
5. My all-time favorite and go-to (as you can probably see) is Veuve Cliquot. Not only is it an absolutely timeless, quality brand, but their label simply screams “class,” and that’s something that Paper Gems Co holds as a core value. Everything we create, regardless of whether it’s a high-class elegant bottle or a fun greeting card, is of the highest quality, refined, and tasteful.
6. This year, I plan to expand into a few new areas: I’ll be offering many more creative wedding services, such as invitation and announcement artwork, place cards, and custom wedding memorial paintings. I’m currently working on a watercolor monogram line for all types of stationery: notecards, organization lists, gift tags, etc. I’ll also be able to take more commissioned pet portraits and house landscapes, which I’ve always loved creating!
I’ve had so much fun working with my 2019 clients to create their one-of-a-kind gifts, each containing symbols of their lives, love, and celebration, whether that’s their golden retriever, wedding venue, Mardi Gras krewe, or LSU football.
I am truly inspired by each person I work with in seeing the amount of love they are pouring into their gift bottles, and trusting me to capture their vision for them!
In case you’d like more about the process: Our painted bottles carry a lightness and elegance due to the use of watercolor paint. In order to achieve this, I apply a unique base coat comprised of a variety of media. I then paint 4 layers onto the glass, each drying before the next coat is applied. Once the layers have dried through-and-through, around 4 hours later, I am able to begin painting my client’s unique design, finish it with a tough acrylic coating, and wrap a white satin ribbon around the neck to top it off!
The Face behind the designs! Cheers to this cutie, thanks for letting us feature you Sophia! We can’t wait to see what other designs you come up with! May you continue to prosper in your love for art, you are a natural at this! Keep it up. We are so proud of your work and love your Custom Bottles!